Sunday, February 1, 2009

Church Brew Works

On a Super Bowl weekend, it was only proper to go to a brewery in Pittsburgh. The choice for Church Brew Works was made, located on Liberty Avenue in Pittsburgh. The brew pub is located in an old church which makes for a great setting.

The Beer

My first beer, and favorite beer of the night, was the Sleigh Wrecker.
This beer has a very robust flavor, tasting of chocolate and caramel. The beer is a winter warmer and definitely warms you on the inside. I am a big fan of this beer, especially since the hop content is low.

The second beer I had was Halbert's Saison.
While not quite as good, the beer had a great flavor. I think it was a little to fruity for my liking, but it was still drinkable.

The Food

I ordered the Pittsburgh Pierogie Pizza for dinner and it was excellent.
If you like pierogies, I highly suggest ordering this pizza. It is a very filling meal, as it is a 14" pizza covered with potatoes and cheeze. What a heavenly treat!

Overall

I had a great time at the Chruch Brew Works. The food was excellent and so was the beer. I highly recommend making a trip to the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment