Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ellicottville Blue Berry

As part of the Fourth of July weekend festivities, I attended a cookout with a bunch of friends in New Jersey. The best part about the cookout was the selection of craft beers that my friends picked up for the holiday. The first beer I tried was the Blue Berry from Ellicottville Brewing Company. The beer is very light in color and had a slightly sweet aroma, but there was not too much to the aroma. The taste was very crisp and clean with a subtle hint of blueberry. The alcohol content is 4.2% ABV, which I feel is pretty low for a fruit beer. I don't think there are a lot of blueberries used in the brewing, which is why the beer only has a subtle hint of blueberries and does not have high alcohol content. However, it is a very refreshing beer and a great way to kick off a cookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment