Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dogfish Head Brew Pub- Rehoboth Beach


While on vacation, a group of us went to the Dogfish Head Brew Pub in Rehoboth Beach. The first beer I had was Ryehoboth, which was exclusive to the Brew Pub. The beer is light gold in color with a creamy, thick head. There was no aroma with this beer, which didn't surprise me too much because mose rye beers do not have an aroma. It had a light rye taste with a creamy after taste. The alcohol content is 5.5%. I was surprised at this beer, as I was not expecting much out of a rye beer and did not expect it to be so creamy. I thought it was pretty smooth drinking and very enjoyable.


At the Dogfish Head Brew Pub, they had a special brew of Whusahht IPA. This IPA is an imperial black IPA. The color is dark brown with a thick head. There is an overpowering floral aroma, which led me to bevieve that this was going to be a really hoppy beer. However, it has a thick creamy taste. The finish is very clean with a warming hop accent. The alcohol content is 8.5% ABV. Despite thinking that this beer was going extremely hoppy, I was pleasantly surprised and I thoroughly enjoyed the Whusahht IPA. The imperial black IPA was a new style to me, and I would like to try additional imperial black IPAs.

No comments:

Post a Comment