Saturday, August 8, 2009

McKenzie Brew House


On the way to the beach, my boy Matt and I stopped at McKenzie Brewhouse in West Chester. The first beer I ordered was the Abbey 6. The beer is a dark amber color with a light floral aroma. It has a sweet taste and a clean hop finish. The alcohol content is 5.5% ABV. I enjoyed this beer and it was a good start to the meal. The hops decently accented the sweetness of the beer.

The second beer I had was the Unicorn Amber Ale. It (obviously) is amber in color with a sweet aroma. The taste is sweet at first, but has a spicy finish. The after taste was malty and very reminiscent of Troegs Rugged Trail. The alcohol content is 4.6% ABV. I have had this beer before when I went to McKenzie and it is one of my favorites by them. Matt brought up the Rugged Trail reference and it makes sense. I highly recommend making a stop here is you are traveling through West Chester.

No comments:

Post a Comment