Monday, October 5, 2009

Cervejaria Sul Brasileira Xingu Black Beer

Another new beer that Katie at McGrath's suggest was the Xingu Black Beer from Cervejaria Sul Brasileira. The beer hails from Brazil and the website says that the beer is “Light & Dark, Smooth As Silk.” It is dark brown in color with absolutely no head. There also is no aroma associated with the pour of this beer. Surprisingly, the beer has a sweet malty taste complete with caramel accents with a minor bitter undertone. It finishes a little dry. The alcohol content is 4.7% ABV. I thought that the Xingu Black Beer was a very surprising beer. It does not taste how it looks, as I anticipated it to taste like a porter, but it drinks more like a sweet lager. The website accurately depicts the drinking of the beer when it says “Smooth As Silk.”

1 comment:

  1. Okay well I can't pronounce Cervejaria Sul Brasileira Xingu my friend but I can pronounce Troegs JavaHead, of which I fortuitously located one stray 22 ouncer in the frig - enjoying it out back with the October moon and a very nice 5 Vegas cigar. Excellent all the way around!

    ReplyDelete