Friday, January 15, 2010

Church Brew Works December 2009

Church Brew Works Bier De Noel


I stopped in at Church Brew Works while in Pittsburgh recently. The first beer I ordered was the Bier De Noel. The beer is a brown color with a light filmy head. The aroma is full of cinnamon and nutmeg. The flavor is sweet with malts, caramel, and toffee and it finishes with an alcohol bite. The alcohol content is 9.5% ABV. I thought that the Bier De Noel was a very satisfyingly spicy beer. The alcohol holds a demanding presence in this beer, but I thoroughly enjoyed the kick that it provided.

Church Brew Works Xmas

The second beer I ordered at Church Brew Works was the Xmas. The beer is a dark brown color and is almost opaque with a light tan head. The aroma consists of cinnamon, nutmeg and malts. The taste is extremely smooth and full of nutmeg and cinnamon. It also has a slight dry finish. The alcohol content is 7.2%ABV. I like the Xmas, but not quite as much as the Bier De Noel. The Xmas has a nice complimentary balance of spices and malts, and no component is overdone.

No comments:

Post a Comment