Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Clipper City Heavy Seas Great Pumpkin

Albeit a little late and out of season, I picked up a bottle of Clipper City Heavy Seas Great Pumpkin at D's Six Pax and Dogz in Pittsburgh. This was one of the pumpkin beers that I really wanted to try but was unable to locate, until the end of December. The beer has an orange color with a light bubbly white head. The taste is very spicy and full of pumpkin, nutmeg, and cinnamon flavors. The alcohol content is 8.0% ABV. While this would not rank as my favorite pumpkin beer, it is a well done beer with none of the flavors overdone. This is the way a pumpkin beer should be produced.

1 comment:

  1. One of the only Clipper City beers I haven't tried (or even heard of yet), but I haven't been disappointed by them yet. I'll have to see if there's any of it left in the Raleigh area.

    Good to see you dig Silversun Pickups, too. Great band.

    ReplyDelete