Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sierra Nevada/Dogfish Head Life & Limb

I need to give a shout out first to Hoptopia (Thanks Lee!) for pointing me in the direction of of Brewforia (Thanks Rick!) to order bottles of the Sierra Nevada/Dogfish Head collaboration Life & Limb. The beer was extremely difficult to find, with PA rumored to only receive 30 cases for the entire state.

The beer is a dark brown color with lofty foamy head that sticks to the edges of the glass. The aroma is maple syrup smell and light hop accent. The taste is very sweet at first and is comprised of maple syrup with a light floral hop finish. It finishes really smooth and the added birch is detectable. The alcohol content is 10.2% ABV. I thought this was a really solid beer. I just wish it was not as limited or difficult to attain. I think the hype killed the enjoyment of the beer a little bit, as I expected it to be the best beer I had ever tasted. Having said that, this beer is very good and don't let the hype take anything away from it. Both breweries have their stamp on this beer, as the beer is malty and sweet like most Dogfish Head beers and has a nice hop bite like the Sierra Nevada beers. If you happen to find this beer, I highly recommend that you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment