Monday, April 19, 2010

Breckenridge Small Batch 471 Double Hopped IPA

I picked up a bottle of Breckenridge Small Batch 471 Double Hopped IPA when I was in Greenville, South Carolina. I have thoroughly enjoyed every Breckenridge beer that I have had in the past, and I had high hopes for this one as well. The beer pours an orange amber color with a frothy white head. The aroma consists of lemon, citrus, and pepper. The taste is smooth and lemon with a light orange accent and a grapefruit finish. The beer is a little sugary on the back of the tongue. The alcohol content is 9.2% ABV. I thought that this was an excellent IPA, or even an ideal IPA. It was very tasty and smooth with a great hop balance with the citrus flavors. It did not have a powerful bite, but enough to know the hops are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment