Friday, April 23, 2010

Highland Brewing Company Black Mocha Stout

I picked up a bottle of Highland Brewing Company Black Mocha Stout when I was in South Carolina, as the beer is brewed in Asheville, SC. The beer pours a dark black color with a thin filmy tan head. The aroma is full of chocolate with bits of chocolate and cream in there, The taste is bitter chocolate at first with a hints of roasted malts. The beer then finishes with a dry coffee taste before leaving the mouth with a light cream finish.. The alcohol content is 5.6% ABV. This beer was my first from Highland Brewing Company, and I thought overall it was a solid coffee stout. There was a great balance of coffee and chocolate, without either overpowering each other. If I get another chance, I will try some other beers from Highland.

No comments:

Post a Comment