Sunday, April 4, 2010

Russian River Pliny the Younger

Seeing as it is one of the most anticipated beers in this country, I had to get to TJ's in Paoli to give Russian River Pliny the Younger. The beer is golden colored with a foamy white head. The aroma consists of lemon and grapefruit with some pine accents. The taste is full of citrus flavors, mostly grapefruit and lemon, with a nice is pepper and pine hop finish. The alcohol content is 11.0% ABV. I was surprised as to how drinkable this could be to the non-beer geek. While it may go somewhat unappreciated, a beer this complex could actually help convert people to the craft world. The entire time I was drinking the beer, I was asking myself if Pliny the Younger was worthy of the #1 ranking, and I could not find an argument against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment