Monday, May 31, 2010

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

I picked up a case of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA during American Craft Beer Week. The beer pours a yellow color with a foamy white head. The aroma is lightly citrus with malts and some caramel hints. The taste is sweet with caramel and toffee at first, with a nice dry lemon hop finish. There is a bit of pepper and dryness on the tongue on the after taste.There is also a bit on sweet malts mixed with sour hops that lingers. The alcohol content is 6.0% ABV. I thought the 60 Minute IPA was a solid beer. It may not be as adventurous as the 90 Minute IPA or as over-the-top amazing as the 120 Minute IPA, but it really is an easy drinking beer with an excellent amount of flavors.

1 comment:

  1. What can one say about the 60 min DogFishHead IPA. I seriously think it's probably one of THE national IPA staples.

    This might be their first in their many IPA line ups, but I really think it's their best personally. I think it holds more drinkability than the 90 min, and I just think that their 120 min us just too far over the top be as good. That's just me though of course.

    What must be said about DogFishHead though is their constant desire to push the envelope with their brews and styles. I love that character in them. :)

    Ilya

    ReplyDelete