Thursday, July 15, 2010

Founders Devil Dancer

I went to Al's of Hampden to get a glass of Founders Devils Dancer. This beer is brewed with ten different hop varieties and scores high on bitterness with 112 IBUs. The beer pours an orange amber color with a filmy white head. The aroma is full of lemon and orange with a light hop hint. The taste is full and surprisingly smooth, with the flavor heavy on grapefruit and a little sour. There is a sweet malty and caramel undertone as well. I was a bit surprised that there was not an overwhelming alcohol punch, but the 12% ABV is noticeable. I was thoroughly impressed with the Devil Dancer and I actually brought some bottles home with me. The best part is how smooth drinking this beer is for its alcohol and hop content.

No comments:

Post a Comment