Saturday, August 21, 2010

Iron Hill India Black Ale on cask

Another beer I ordered from Iron Hill on my last visit was the India Black Ale on cask. Not that I needed persuaded to order a beer on cask, but the India Black Ale was $6.25 for a 16oz glass or $6.00 for a 20oz glass on cask. Hmmm...there really much time taken to make a decision on this one. The beer pours a black color with a bubbly off-white head. The aroma consists of caramel and pine hops. The taste is smooth and creamy with some caramel, bits of oak, and a pine hop finish. There is also a flower taste at the very end, mostly likely a pine flower. The alcohol content is 7.9% ABV. The excessive flower taste was a little weird in this beer, as it stuck in the mouth and was recurring when I burped. I feel that the casking of this beer really brought out the flower flavor and it may be a little more subdued on draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment