Sunday, October 3, 2010

Left Hand Milk Stout

While in the Denver area, one is expected to visit the local breweries. Therefore, my friends and I took a road trip to visit Left Hand Brewing Company. Being left handed, I am quite fond of the namesake and seek their products whenever I can. One of the samples I tried in the tasting room was the Milk Stout. The beer pours a black color with a thin filmy tan head. The aroma consists of coffee and chocolate. The taste is smooth and creamy, filled with chocolate and coffee flavorings. Finally, the Milk Stout has a bitey toasted finish. The alcohol content is 6.0% ABV. I really enjoyed the Milk Stout offering from Left Hand, as it is smooth and easy drinking, yet it comes with a nice kick on the end to remind you this is a beer and not a child's drink like chocolate milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment