Monday, February 14, 2011

Stillwater Artisanal Ales Existent

I ordered a glass of Stillwater Artisanal Ales Existent from Al’s of Hampden. The beer pours a surprising dark amber color with a thin tan head. Please note, this is a surprising color because the beer is defined as an American Farmhouse Ale, which is usually golden in color. The aroma is sweet with chocolate malts and a toasty smell. The taste is big on toasted malts with a bold roasted flavor. There is a light lemon and fresh hop accent and a bit of oak on the finish. The alcohol content is 7.4% ABV. I really had to remove myself from expecting a lighter farmhouse ale to enjoy this beer, as it was not what I expected when I ordered it, and I ordered based on what I wanted at that moment. However, this is an intriguing and delicious beer once I settled on it.

1 comment:

  1. Stillwater brews some of the best new beers. All simple, yet unique beers that always intregue me.

    ReplyDelete