Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cigar City Jai Alai India Pale Ale

I apparently took a bottle of Cigar City Jai Alai India Pale Ale from the girlfriend’s mix-six pack, but it was in the fridge and I had lost track if I bought it or not. The beer pours an orange clay color with a think filmy and bubbly white head. The aroma consists of a heaving of caramel with lemon, pine, and burnt toffee accents. The taste is full of caramel and sweetness right up front before some hop bitterness kicks in, releasing lemon, pine tangerine, and grapefruit flavors. The finish continues the bitterness and the after taste makes you reminisce about the citrus flavors in the beer. The alcohol content is 7.5% ABV. I believe my girlfriend has nothing to worry about, as I plan on buying more of this beer, and I will replace the one I took from her. The caramel base is wonderful and sweet before lots of hop bitterness kicks in and puts the tongue to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment