Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dogfish Head Hellhound on My Ale

I picked up a bottle of Dogfish Head Hellhound on My Ale from Al’s of Hampden.The beer pours a golden color with a very lofty and frothy off-white colored head. The aroma consists of lots of lemon, pepper, earthy hops, and pine. The taste is smooth a slightly bitter with plenty of hops and lemon right up front on top of a caramel backbone. There are lots of hop oils that stick to the tongue on the finish and bring out the earthy notes and pepper. The after taste leaves some -cracker and butterscotch. The alcohol content is 10.0% ABV. I really enjoyed the large profile of the lemon in this beer, as it made it very refreshing, but also the bitterness of all of the hops added, topping 100 IBUs. While I wouldn’t say this was better than Bitches Brew, it still was an excellent beer and is worth seeking out if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment