Sunday, May 22, 2011

Firestone Walker Walker's Reserve Porter

I was visiting a friend in Manayunk, and we went out to Union Jacks for dinner and drinks. It may look like a dive bar, but I highly recommend checking the place out, as it has excellent wings and a really good beer selection. I ordered a bottle of Firestone Walker Walker’s Reserve Porter. The beer pours a dark brown color worth a foamy tan head. The aroma consists of chocolate, toasted malts, caramel, and vanilla. The taste is dry and chocolaty with some vanilla accents. The finish is dry and oaky, mostly bringing back the chocolate flavors. The alcohol content is 5.8% ABV. As my first Firestone Walker beer, I thought the Reserve Porter was delicious and dry, yet nice and toasty for an overall enjoyable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment