Saturday, May 21, 2011

Goose Island Demolition

I picked up bottle of Goose Island Demolition in San Diego and shipped it home to myself to review. The beer pours a yellow-gold color with a frothy white head that leaves a little lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of candied lemon, sugar, wheat grass, and weeds. The taste is soft and smooth with a sweet lemon candy flavor, wheat grass, and a light pepper bite. The finish is sweet but slightly dry with a Belgian yeast. The alcohol content is 7.2% ABV. Interesting fact that I read on the bottle was that this beer is best within 180 days of bottling, and this bottle was bottled on 9/21/10 and consumed on 5/11/11. However, I thought it was very well balanced with no flavors overpower the others. I would be very interested in trying a fresh bottle to discern any differences in flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment