Saturday, June 11, 2011

East End Gratitude (Green Wax, 2008)

My buddy Cheezer brought over a bottle of East End Gratitude to share with my friends. This bottle was the Green Wax top, circa 2008. The beer pours a caramel color with a thin filmy tan head. The aroma is strong and consists of raisin, caramel, pine hops, maple, and strong hints of alcohol. The taste is smooth like caramel ice cream topping with a strong raisin spice, maple, and fig. The finish has an alcohol pinch to it with and a dry hoppy after taste. Even after the after taste, the caramel lingers on the tongue. The alcohol content is 11.4% ABV. The Gratitude stands as a benchmark for the barleywine category, and I enjoy every version of it. I think my favorite that I’ve had was the 2005 (not reviewed), but I will take any one of the bottles that I can get my hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment