Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stone BELGO Anise Imperial Russian Stout

I picked up a bottle of Stone BELGO Anise Imperial Russian Stout from Al’s of Hampden. The beer pours a black color with an extremely lofty tan head that leaves some lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of chocolate, sweet yeast, toasted malts, pine, and lemon. The taste is smooth and creamy with plenty of sweet yeast flavors up front before chocolate, toasted malts, caramel, and a pine twist kick in on the tongue. The finish is slightly dry and bitter with hops. The after taste brings out some smoked meat flavor, which is quite interesting and enjoyable. The alcohol content is 10.5% ABV. This was a great imperial stout with a wonderful Belgian twist of yeast. I think I may like the original IRS better, but the Belgian accent was very welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I, literally, just picked up a bottle of this yesterday. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete