Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin

I picked up a bottle of Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin from Al’s of Hampden. Now, I have previously reviewed this beer, but I noticed that I mentioned that I liked it better than Pumpkinhead. Not believing my rookie beer reviewing self, I decided to give this beer another shot. The beer pours an orange-tinted amber color with a thin filmy off-white colored head. The aroma consists strongly of pumpkin, nutmeg, vanilla, and cinnamon. The taste is large on pumpkin with lots of other spices including graham cracker, cinnamon, and nutmeg. The finish is dry like eating a bit of cinnamon with a hint of vanilla sweetness. The alcohol content is 9.0% ABV. Clearly this is Shipyard’s best pumpkin offering, and to date, my second favorite pumpkin beer behind Pumking.

No comments:

Post a Comment