Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Yuengling Oktoberfest

When I saw Al’s of Hampden tapped the new Yuengling Oktoberfest, I decided I had to go over and order a draft. The beer pours an amber color with a thin frothy off-white colored head. The aroma is malty with a caramel sweetness and some spicy and peppery hops. The taste has a big malty profile with some caramel smoothness. Most notably, there is a dry peppery and grassy hop finish. The alcohol content is not available online, but I would estimate it to be approximately 5.5% ABV. I would say that Yuengling has provided a solid marzen, but you should know that it is a little drier than most and not quite as smooth. However, it does stand apart from the rest of the marzen crowd.

2 comments:

  1. Not so good. Not much body for an Oktoberfest beer, weak in the flavor department, I will be sticking with Dundee this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying one in a few. Will serve it up at about 46 to 48 degrees, in a wheat beer glass. I'll let you know in a bit

    ReplyDelete