Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bull & Bush Captain Midnight Black Saison

Another beer I ordered at Row 14 was the Bull & Bush Captain Midnight Black Saison (they had a Bull & Bush tap takeover previous night). The beer pours a black color with a bubbly tan head. The aroma consists of chocolate, roasted malts, and lemon. The taste is dry and chocolaty with roasted malts a plenty. A good helping of lemon and orange citrus accents was provided as well. There is a Belgian yeast finish with pepper spices on the back of the mouth. The alcohol content is not available online, but I would estimate it to be about 6.5% ABV. I'm new to the black saison category, but I must say that I was a big fan of this beer and its citrus flavors on top of chocolate malts. It's not as bitter as a Black IPA, but provides a lot of the same flavorings.

No comments:

Post a Comment