Thursday, October 13, 2011

Denver Beer Company Fresh Hop IPA

I decided to stop into the Denver Beer Company while out for Great American Beer Fest, as it was a new brewery and I had not been there previously. I ordered a glass of the Fresh Hop IPA first, as it was the perfect day for a harvest ale. The beer pours an orange-tinted amber color with a bubbly white head. The aroma consists of caramel, pine, grass, and lemon. The taste is big and bold especially for a harvest ale with roasted toffee, caramel, and pine and grass hops. The alcohol content is is not available online, but I would estimate it to be about 6.5% ABV. The Fresh Hop IPA from Denver Beer Company was one of the better harvest ales that I have ever had and it was mostly due to the excellent toasted toffee flavor that provided the base to this beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment