Monday, October 10, 2011

Elysian Mr. Yuck Sour Pumpkin Ale

At Falling Rock Tap House, Elysian was tapping several of their pumpkin beer, 10 in total. The one beer that stood out to me on the menu was the Mr. Yuck Sour Pumpkin Ale due to both my love of sour beers and Pittsburgh (the Mr. Yuck sticker was created in Pittsburgh). The beer pours an apple cider color with a thin white head. The aroma is big on pumpkin with some sour lemon accents, yeast, cinnamon, and nutmeg. The taste is dry and focused on the spices which was rather surprising to me. The sour pumpkin flavor is also prevalent, but it does not appear until the finish of the beer with some vinegar and lemon. The alcohol content is not available online, but I would estimate it to be about 5.0% ABV. This was a great sour beer with lots of spices taking the focus. I would say another home run for an Elysian pumpkin beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment