Saturday, October 8, 2011

Twisted Pine Brewing Company Ghost Face Killah

While in Boulder, my fiancee and I stopped in to Twisted Pine Brewing Company. I've heard so much about their Ghost Face Killah that I decided to order a bottle. The beer pours a straw-gold color with a thin white head. The aroma is peppery, and not that pansy table top stuff, but the stuff that makes your eyes water with some wheat accents. The taste is light and lemon at first and then Bam! Holy f-in pepper. This is the spiciest beer I've ever had and within moments my lips tingled with fire, I was sweating, and my face went numb. The alcohol content is 5.0% ABV. While I love spicy foods, this beer was not enjoyable and I finished about a quarter of a bottle before sharing it with some other people in the bar. I consider this a gag beer that everyone could split a shot of, similar to a prairie fire shot, but would not order or drink a whole bottle myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment