Monday, December 12, 2011

Iron Hill Fe 15

I picked up a bottle of Iron Hill Fe 15 from the Lancaster location, a beer in celebration of their 15th anniversary. Stylistically, this beer is an American Imperial Tripel, which is a new one to me, and I was unsure as to why the tripel needed the imperialization. The beer pours a golden color with a frothy white colored head that leaves some lacing the on the glass. The aroma consists of banana, yeast, pepper, orange, honey, and biscuits. The taste is smooth like no other beer I’ve had and sweet with plenty of banana, clementine, orange, and what I believe to be butterscotch that really sweetens the whole beer. There are hints of grapes, pepper, and grass. ON the finish, an alcohol warmth, not a burn, comes out and hits the throat. The alcohol content is 15.0% ABV. I literally have not encountered a beer with as many flavors in one bottle as there were in this beer. My face lit up upon sipping this beer for the first time, and I was blown away at its composition. While it definitely falls on the sweet side, it is rather delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment