Sunday, January 29, 2012

Brouwerij De Ranke Pere Noel

My fiancée had to get here hair done in Philadelphia, so I rode along and went to Monk’s for lunch while she was her appointment. I ordered a glass of Brouwerij De Ranke Pere Noel. The beer pours an orange-gold color with a foamy white head that leaves speckles of lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of hay, grass, pine, orange, and lemon. The taste is dry and grassy with an orange citrus background. A hint of caramel hits the tongue and some faint roasted malts linger in the background. A dry hay after taste kicks in, and makes for an enjoyable experience. The alcohol content is 7.0% ABV. I thought this was a great start to my lunch with a wonderful orange citrus flavor dried out with hay, giving both a sweet and slightly funky experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment