Monday, March 5, 2012

Boulevard Smokestack Series Saison Brett

My friend and fellow blogger Russ Beck brought a bottle of Boulevard Smokestack Series Saison Brett over to share with a few friends and me. The beer pours a golden color with a frothy white head. The aroma is funky with hay, barnyard funk, and lemon, mostly as expected. The taste is very funky (more so than the aroma!) and dry and provides plenty of hay, lemon, and pepper. Finishing out the experience, coriander and orange come out, which were pleasant but unexpected. The alcohol content is 8.5% ABV. This beer was right in line with the quality I’ve experienced from Boulevard in their Smokestack Series. I was plenty funky and had all of the right flavors, and completely impressed me with the light orange and coriander flavors on the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment