Friday, March 23, 2012

Brouwerij Lindemans Gueuze Cuvee Rene

Out of curiosity, I looked up Brouwerij Lindemans Gueuze Cuvee Rene on BeerAdvocate while at Abbey Bar at Appalachian Brewing Company. I hadn’t seen this beer before, and it didn’t look like the typical Lindeman’s product. To my surprise, the ratings came back as a 91 from users and a 100 from the brothers, and a friend and I decided to order it. The beer pours a golden color with a foamy white head. The aroma is funky and reminiscent of a barnyard with lemon, earth, and hay. The taste is tart and lightly puckering. Most of the puckering comes from a lemon flavor that is accented nicely with hay, funk, and pepper. The alcohol content is 5.0% ABV. This was a surprisingly good beer from a most unexpected place. I thoroughly enjoyed this example of a gueuze, and I most definitely would order it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment