Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lancaster Brewing Double Chocolate Milk Stout

I took my fiancee out to lunch one day at Lancaster Brewing Company, and I ordered a glass of Double Chocolate Milk Stout. The beer pours a black color with a frothy beige head. The aroma is filled with dark chocolate that is bitter on the nose, caramel, and roasted malts. The taste is bold with dark and bitter chocolate up front. Caramel comes out in the transition as milk chocolate sweetens the finish. A dry after taste with the roasted flavor is left behind and lingers for a while. The alcohol content is 6.7% ABV. I thought this was actually a pretty solid offering from Lancaster Brewing Company, as I am not always a fan of their beers. There was plenty of great chocolate flavor that comes from nibs and not powder, making it a great beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment