Thursday, March 15, 2012

Odell Saboteur

My buddy Jason brought me back a bottle of Odell Saboteur from Denver when he was visiting home recently. The beer pours a dark brown color with a very lofty and bubbly head that leaves a hint of lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of a light funkiness, toasted malts, caramel, and a hint of coffee. The taste is dry and toasted with some malts up front with coffee and caramel. There is a very faint funk to it, but the brett isn’t as prevalent as I expected. The alcohol content is 10.0% ABV. I can’t say I was overly impressed with this beer, despite the fact I really wanted to love it. I think it’s because I was really expecting a huge brett appearance, and it was very subdued. Overall it was a good beer, but it wasn’t what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment