Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bullfrog Brewery Mucho Mocha

On the way home from Ithaca, my buddies and I decided to stop in to Bullfrog Brewery for a few drinks. The first beer I ordered was the Mucho Mocha, a rye beer aged with Kenyan coffee. The beer pours an opaque dark brown color with a frothy beige head. The aroma consists of strong coffee, rye, chocolate, vanilla, milk, and cream. The taste is strong with coffee, lots of cream, and mocha. It reminded me of an Arby's Jamocha Milkshake. Chocolate, toasted malts, and caramel finish the beer, leaving behind a dry rye after taste. The alcohol content is not available online, but I would guess it to be about 7.0% ABV. The mocha and coffee flavors in this beer were incredible and I couldn’t get enough of this beer. I would say it is worth the trip alone if you wanted to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment