Friday, May 4, 2012

Lagunitas IPA

Occasionally, I will do a re-review of a beer if it was from my beer tasting infancy days and I don’t feel that I fully captured the beer. This Lagunitas IPA review is one of them. I ordered a glass while at Point Brugge in Pittsburgh during Craft Beer Week. The beer  pours an amber color with a frothy white head that leaves a thin lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of fresh citrus, lemon, resiny funky hops, rainwater, orange, and candisugar. The taste brings some toffee and caramel on the front end before lemon, pine, and orange take over with a bitterness. A grassy and peppery hop after taste lingers behind. The alcohol content is 6.2% ABV. I was blown away by the aroma and the freshness attributed to it. The taste was also pretty good, but I kept coming back to the resiny and fresh rainwater aroma that was enjoyable throughout the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment