Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rock Bottom-Penn Brewery-Hofbrauhaus Home Opener

Another Pittsburgh Craft Beer Week collaboration on tap at Bocktown in Robinson was Home Opener. This kolsch was brewed at Rock Bottom in Pittsburgh with assistance from staff from Penn Brewery and Hofbrauhaus. The beer pours a golden color with a frothy white head. The aroma consists of light lemon, pepper, and caramel. Overall, the aroma is pretty faint, but that is typical of the style. The taste is clean and fresh with lemon, buttered crackers, and a grassy dry finish. The alcohol content is not available online, but I would estimate it to be approximately 4.5% ABV. I’d say this was a pretty delicious kolsch, although I wouldn’t rank it among my favorites. The slight buttered cracker flavor got in the way of it tasting 100% clean, and I am very picky when it comes to kolsch beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment