Saturday, June 9, 2012

Troegs Scratch 65- Kolsch

I went to the Troegs Tasting Room to get my hands on a glass of Scratch 65- Kolsch. As the kolsch is one of my favorite styles of beer, I was more than excited to try this. The beer pours a golden color with a frothy white head that leaves a thin lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of lemon, grass, earth, and a hint of toffee. The taste is clean and fresh, which is the most important part of the experience for me. Lots of grassy and peppery hops make their way to the tongue with a hint of toffee in the background and a light lemony finish. The alcohol content is 4.8% ABV. This was a wonderful kolsch and I am extra particular of this style. I would put it near the top of my lists of the style that I have tried, and I would hope that Troegs brings this beer back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment