Sunday, July 29, 2012

Alltech's Lexinton Brewing and Distilling Company Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale

My coworker gave me a bottle of Alltech’s Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale to try. The beer pours an amber color with a bubbly white colored head. The aroma consists of bourbon, oak, caramel, vanilla, and alcohol. The taste is sweet and smooth with a caramel body providing the base. There is a bourbon accent that takes over the beer with a vanilla sweetness and an oak dryness. A hint of alcohol tickles the tongue. The alcohol content is 8.19% ABV. The bourbon flavors were nice in this beer, but the body did not just stack up to the strength of it. I can’t say I was a huge fan or would seek it out again, but if I saw it I would drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment