Saturday, October 20, 2012

New Belgium-Lost Abbey Lips of Faith Brett Beer

I picked up a bottle of the New Belgium-Lost Abbey Lips of Faith collaboration Brett Beer at Honeygo Wines & Liquors. The beer pours a golden color with a frothy white colored head that leaves a nice lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of lemon, grass, barnyard funk, hay, and pepper. The taste is dry and lightly tart with lemon with a solid complement of hay, barnyard funk, grass, and pepper. The finish leaves a funk behind with a lemon sugar cookie flavor. The alcohol content is 7.5% ABV. I would say that this wasn’t sour at all, as I expected, and it tasted more like a saison. If I were to review it as a saison, I would say that I absolutely enjoyed it. But billing it as a sour/brett beer was rather disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment