Friday, October 19, 2012

Nogne-O-Renaissance Brewing-8 Wired O for Awesome Imperial Amber Ale

At Discount Wine and Liquors in Boonton, NJ, I picked up a bottle of the Nogne-O-Renaissance Brewing-8 Wired collaboration O For Awesome Imperial Amber Ale. The beer pours a brown color (not amber!) with a lofty and frothy beige colored head. The aroma consists of caramel, toffee, pine, lemon, and pepper. The taste is toasted toffee, caramel, lemon, pepper, and malts. The finish has a hint of coffee and chocolate with a fairly strong hop bitterness. The alcohol content is 9.0% ABV. I thoroughly enjoyed this Imperial Amber Ale with its overly roasted flavor and exaggerated hop content. I was a little surprised by the color of the beer, but I quickly got over it as I drank the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment