Saturday, November 10, 2012

Crooked Stave Bourbon Barrel Nightmare on Brett Street

I stopped in to the Crooked Stave barrel room to sample some beers and check out the reserve club that I am a part of. The first beer I tried was the Bourbon Barrel Nightmare on Brett Street. The beer pours a black color with a bubbly tan colored head. The aroma consists of chocolate, toasted malts, vinegar, cherry, and oak. The taste is lightly tart but built strongly with chocolate, licorice, and toasted malts. Some bourbon and vanilla flavors come out before the dry oaky finish. The alcohol content is not available online but I would estimate it to be about 7.5% ABV. This soured baltic porter was more than enjoyable and I wouldn't hesitate to order another glass or bottle if I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment