Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Selin's Grove Brewing Pumpkin Ale

(I apologize about the lack of picture, but it was on my previous cell phone and I have since lost it) I stopped in to Selin’s Grove Brewing company for lunch and to order a glass of the Pumpkin Ale. The beer pours an orange-amber color with a solid frothy white colored head. The aroma consists of pumpkin, cream, nitrogen, and light spices. The taste is creamy with pumpkin, graham cracker, light cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cream. A lightly dry finish rounds out the beer. The alcohol content is 5.6% ABV. At first I wasn’t too impressed with this beer, but it gets better as it warms so wait for that to happen. I’ve heard that this is the “best pumpkin beer” and while I can’t endorse that statement, I thought it was pretty good after it warmed up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment