Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goose Island Bourbon County Rare

I was fortunate enough to try some of the Goose Island Bourbon County Rare bottle that my friend Deuane brought over to a friends house. I’m a big fan of Pappy Van Winkle, so this beer thoroughly excited me. The beer pours a black color with a thin frothy tan colored head. The aroma consists of strong bourbon, chocolate, vanilla, oak, and milk. The taste is smooth with a delicate milk chocolate flavor and some lightly toasted malts. The transition into bourbon is smooth and forgiving and it leaves alcohol burn on the finish which is quite warming. The alcohol content is 13.0% ABV. This was as smooth and amazingly delicious as I expected it to be, and if I ever see a bottle of this I will snatch it up. The chocolate flavors mixed and played very well with the smooth and delectable bourbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment